Formula One 06
Quirks and Features
- No car specs (engine, chassis, bhp, etc).
- No mirrors on car (need to press R2 for rear view).
- The time it takes for a pitstop depends on the driver's ability to press the buttons shown on the
screen (pitstops shouldn't have to be the driver's responsibility; that's the pit crew's job).
- Includes lots of interesting info (history, statistics, tips, etc.).
- Gameplay can be set to different levels of difficulty.
- Driver Name, Nationality, Head, and Helmet can be edited at any time in Profile > Driver Details
(no need to create a new profile if you later decide to go with something else).
- BMW Sauber
- Red Bull
- Super Aguri
- Toro Rosso
- Bahrain, Bahrain
- Sepang, Malaysia
- Melbourne, Australia
- Imola, San Marino
- Nurburgring, Europe
- Catalunya, Spain
- Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Silverstone, Great Britain
- Montreal, Canada
- Indianapolis, USA
- Magny-Cours, France
- Hockenheim, Germany
- Budapest, Hungary
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Monza, Italy
- Shanghai, China
- Suzuka, Japan
- Interlagos, Brazil
These can be used in Time Trial mode only.
|Alfa Romeo 158||Win Drivers' Championship
|Cooper Climax||-- free --
|Lotus 49c (Gold Leaf)||Win any race
|Lotus 72E (John Player Special)||-- free --
|Williams FW06 (Saudia)||Win all bronze medals for Time Trials
|Williams FW18 (Rothmans)||Win all silver medals for Time Trials
- Near the end of the season, your team will offer a contract renewal. Don't renew your contract unless
you really want to stay with the same team. As long as you're not under contract, you'll be free to try
the test sessions that other teams are (or will be) offering.
- Be sure to save your progress after the last race of the season. The teams in the Recruitment list
are random; so if you don't see the team you want, just exit and choose Race > Career > Continue and
you'll get a slightly different list.
- If you're currently 2nd driver and you consistently out-perform your team's 1st driver, you'll
eventually get promoted to 1st driver. Contrary to what you might expect, the original 1st driver is
removed from competition rather than just being demoted to 2nd driver.
- When you unlock a prize and it asks if you want to save, it only saves the prize. If you want to
save your game progress, you'll need to do that separately.
- If Fuel Use is set to Scaled, each race will require you to make at least 1 pitstop regardless of
the number of laps. If race length is set to 50% or less, you can avoid pitstops by setting Fuel
Use to Realistic instead.
- On the Lap Records page, the Target time is for the next medal (bronze, silver, or gold).